How to set hyperfocal distance with the Panasonic GF2 + 20mm f1.7.
1. Set the desire aperture, eg. f5.6 or f8.
2. Set the auto focus to manual focus.
3. Once it's at manual focus, do not touch the focusing ring and just turn off the camera.
4. Turn on the camera again (do not touch the focusing ring) and it will be at hyperfocal distance relative to the aperture you set.
5. As long as the focusing ring is not touched, you can adjust any aperture value at any time and it will always be focus from infinity towards the aperture value you set.
6. You can off the camera and on each time and it will be at hyperfocal distance (as long as the focusing ring has not been adjusted).
(adapted from someone at dpreview.com)