This is my Zoom H1 field recorder. I was looking for an inexpensive field recording set up and saw it on ebay for 85 Euro. Wife let me buy one, so I ordered it from musicgear4uk back in January. I've been using it since then, making field recordings here in Porto and this thing is really great.
I do have one advice though. The H1 is notoriously sensitive to being handled and moved, so much more so than the H2 and H4 models. It is essential to get a windjammer and decent shock mount so that you can isolate the mic from handling and wind noise.
I bought my windjammer / windshield from Rick (Rickvanman) at http://miccovers.co.uk/. Rick has come up with the best solution to the problem that I've seen so far.
Here's some examples of my... huh... work (LOL) for the past 3 months.
- Flor do Gás (a.k.a. A Badalhoca)
- Cais de Pesca da Afurada (the successful launch of the Vareiro, part 1 of 2)
- Cais de Pesca da Afurada (the successful launch of the Vareiro, part 2 of 2)
- Lavadouro Público da Afurada
- Urban rehabilitation
- El Duero
- Olhó Dezassete
- Mercado do Bom Sucesso
- Cais da Cantareira
- Yashica Electro 35 GSN winding mechanism and shutter sound
- Quiosque do Cais do Ouro
- After Hours at Zoo Lounge
- Watermill at Quinta da Azenha
- Praia de Miramar
You can also find these recordings at the accidental recordist.